Sunday, August 3, 2014

My baby turns 3

My baby turned 3 this past month. So I decided to do a post of everything he's accomplished (or not) over the last 3 years in attempts to document and remember it all when he grew up. So here goes....

1. He was potty trained 2 months before he turned three. I'm very proud of him :).

2. His first language is definitely English but we do get him to speak in Urdu and he does it in a funny sort of English-Urdu mix.

Noony, Lets go upar zayenge.

Cars hato. Hato cars

Saaaabbbb sogaye. Time to go to bed.

I'm making yoti.

Noony, this no time for pakaya. Its time for upar zayenge.

I want to pakaya.

I'm making doodh.

I want to eat khana rice chicken.

I want to eat yoti.

I want to eat doodoo.

I want to go namaaaz.

No Analise (his classmate) tomoyo. Tomoyo we'll go namaaz.

Z (his dad) hit me. Z kyun maaye ?

3. When we moved into our townhouse, my husband listed out instructions to him to ensure he didn't ruin the walls or the new furniture. Over the last few weeks, we've added to that list so now if you ask him to recount those, this is how he does it.

Don't touch walls. Don't touch blinds. Don't touch table. Don't touch TV. Don't touch Contopere. Don't touch calculator. Don't touch dinky. Don't touch poo poo. Don't touch body.

Since I potty trained him, I'm trying to teach him to not touch (and explore) or let anyone touch his private parts and that's why those unusual additions to the list. Alhamdulillah mashallah he's an obedient boy and so far we've only had one incident where he used a green chalk to scribble on the walls. I guess he thought he could use a chalk since we only asked him not to write on the walls with pens or crayons.

4. Conversation on the night before his birthday :

Me : "H, its your birthday tomorrow."
 H: (with a grumpy look and arms folded across his chest like he's upset) "I want a cake."

It was 18th of Ramadan so I told my hubby to skip the birthday celebrations this year. But he insisted since his teachers/school included a reminder on the school calendar and newsletter.

So the next morning he bought a nice big birthday cake and matching paper plates/plastic cups and dropped them off at the school. Hamdan was very happy all day and kept singing "Happy birthday to me." We brought the left over cake to share with the rest of the community during iftar. Alhamdulillah.







No comments:

Post a Comment