Sunday, February 19, 2017

My oldest son's cute baby talk

My 5yo has funny stories to share with his Mama and a very funny way of describing the little things/activities around him. I hope to save these to share with him and his kids when we have all grown older :)

1. While watching Ninja go :
" I am a golden Ninja".
"Wait, I'm a brown Ninja "
Lately, he's become aware of the fact that he's not white like the rest of his classmates and so we told him we migrated from India and are different in appearance.

2. While his baby brother was crying to play with the vacuum cleaner
" Hum, if you touch the vacuum you'll get sucked into the vacuum and then the vacuum will get spoiled and then we will have to take you to the doctor and he will remove all trash from you."

3.he had learnt to write his own name :)
Mom : Dad's helping with registration at the masjid BBQ event tonight.
H : What's registration ?
Mom : Its when people come to the BBQ and dad will take their names down.
H: Oh, I don't need registration then. I know how to write my name now.

4. Mom : If you want to grow up to be a tennis champion, you need to eat like one.
H : I'm going to eat like a champion.

5. When we are watching Bob the Builder
H: I'm Bob the builder. No, I'm Bob the bhaijan.

6. While playing Simon says
Mom : Simon says do sit ups
H : I can't mom I'm not comfowable to do that

7. While learning about community at school
H : Mom we are a community and a team, we need to help each other be kind and caring
If you need lemonade then do you say give me lemonade ? No, you say can I please have lemonade!
If you don't want, do you say no ? No, you say no thank you.

8. After coming home from his regular Montessori school :
Mom : Did you do any writing at school ?
H : Yes, only numbers and letters. There's no alif baa taa at the Montessori school.

9. Getting eid goody bags ready to take to masjid to share with other kids :
H : Mom, lets get the boody bags.

20. Teaching his little brother:
H : Hum, listen to me, I'm the teacher. What did I tell you ? I'm the teacher listen to me.

21, When his little brother went upstairs to his dad's home office :
H : Don't touch Dad's stuff or he'll hit you. That's the rule.

22. At night before we go to sleep,
H : Mom, lets play the thank you game. You start.

23. When mom asks for something :
H : Yes, ma'am mama. I call Ms. Anne yes Ma'am Ms. Anne.

24. To his little brother:
H: Bhai, play with peep peep.

24. To his friend's baby brother who wouldn't let them play:
H: Sameer go to mom. Mom has candy

25. On a random afternoon :
H : Mom spiders are poisonous if you eat them.

26. Offered to feed his brother :
H : Mom, I'll feed banana to bhai. One more bhai, one more bite.

27. When his brother wasn't listening to him and hitting him:
H : Bhai is like shaytan

28. When our car had a minor accident and alhamdulillah we all made it fine :
H : Mom, I'm glad no one got hurt. Allah saved us

29. When he was mad with mom
Mom : Ok you're not in my team.
H : Ok, then whose team am I gonna be in ? Ok I'm going to nana baba's house. Do whatever you want. I'm not going to help you close the door, nothing.

30. When talking on the phone to nana baba:
Nana baba : I have to go now. Talk to nani mamma.
H (Laughing hard) : Nanimamma, who's nanimamma ?
Nana baba : oh ok. I mean Naanu, sorry, not nanimamma.

31. Doing it mom's way :
H : Mom, I have a surprise to show you. But first you have to close your eyes and say bismillah. Say surah Fatihah then I'll show you.

32. When mom spanked him :
H : Mom, if you hit me again, I'll never be on your team again.

33. When he got money from dad's wallet :
H : Mom, look I got $20 from dad's wallet. Let's pay for plane tickets to go to nana babas house in Michigan.

34. When mom was mad :
Mom : I don't want to talk to you H.
H : But mom, I need to love you. I need to love somebody. Who do I have to love > Tell me

35. During Ramadan
Mom : H you need to slow down. Be gentle, calm down.
H: Mom I can't slow down. Remember I'm fasting

36. When he used to call mom Noony:
H : Noony, you're lying. Tell me the truth

37. Messing with mom :
Mom : You have such a nice name H.
H : No mom, you have to call me Mongolese, Duckies all day
He invented those names out of the blue.

38. When mom called his baby brother hummu :
H : Mom, can you call me hummu ?

39. To his baby brother :
H : Chiikki Likki Baabas

40. H : Tooti Tooti papa pa

41. H : I wanna go in helicopter to nana baba.

42. Let's do laagiloo rooriroo

43. I need my policeman. Where is he ? Oh, he's in the store. Maybe he's crying.

44. Me : What's in your hands ?
      H : There's no anything on my hands.

44. Dad : H go to bed or I'll hit you.
      H : Dad, all the time you want to hit me.

45. While in bed
       H : that's a lot of blanket oh man

46. On our way to the library,
      H : oh traffic, its diculous 
      Me : What's that ? diculous ? Where'd you hear that ?
      H : Dad always says that in traffic

47. H : What is that smell ? a fart ? stinky fart ? But a fart is musical stinky fart.
      Me : Like what ?
      H : Like POINNGGGG

48 : H : Shuttt
       Me : Hmmm... don't say shut up. Its not a nice thing to say.
       H : But I did not say shut up I just said shut

49. In dad's office watching dad do his real estate stuff,
H : Dad's teaching me about houses. I'm going to be busy now.

50. During a storm, Me : What were you doing ?
      H : I was watching trees but they didn't fall.

51. Me looking for zabihah halal restaurants on the zabihah app,
H : All the time Noony wants to look for restaurants

52. After finishing his salah,
H : I prayed nicely and I did not fart

53. Me : What are you doing ?
H : I'm hiding cos me and Homi dropped something on the carpet and I'm scared. It was an accident by me and Homi.

54. To his baby brother H : babas

55. When dad was upset with his baby brother
       H : Dada hitting Homi, let's not talk to dad, let's leave him alone

56. After school one day, H : Noony, I think Ms. Anne is a liar. She said Lana is a good girl.

57. Mom we are getting late to get to the plane to bring some nana babas. Let's bring lots of nana babas.

58. While working on his world map puzzle,
H : Noony, what's that state ? Its Michigan. Look can you see that guy in that house ? I think its nana baba.

59. When I baked brownies, mom I think you bake really well. You're a good cooker.

60. When Homi was jumping all over us during bedtime, Ya allah please don't let Homi cry for cande for the rest of his life. Make him a good boy for the rest of his life.



No comments:

Post a Comment